ACT leader David Seymour is lukewarm on the prospect of working with Te Pāti Māori in a hypothetical centre-right administration but is leaving the door slightly ajar to NZ First.
David likes his racism old school…
…every Pakehas favourite Maori basher, Winston Peters at his fear of a brown planet finest.
While David is right to point out how flakey the Maori Party are, damning them while opening the door to Winston is like a panel of lepers judging a beauty contest in terms of philosophical high ground.
Forget who David is prepared to get into a political Ménage à trois for, if we want to critique race policy, ACT want to start a race war in NZ by stripping out the Treaty from every law!
ACT party leader David Seymour has mocked “Red Queen” Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern in a state of the nation speech, and is promising to do away with government agencies and remove the Treaty of Waitangi from the country’s laws.
Let’s be very clear, ACTs call to strip the Treaty out of every law would start a race war.
Game it out:
- David Seymour cuts a deal with National in 2023 and launches its purge of every Maori political win since the Treaty was signed.
- Shutting down every co-governance arrangement would provoke absolute outrage within Māoridom and spark a vast number of immediate legal cases which would jam down any legislative process as every single decision made after Parliament passed the law ending co-governance would become challenged. Political protests would erupt around the country and local councils would find local resistance as Māori groups universally set up occupations of shared governance assets.
- Likewise, abolishing Māori seats would ignite enormous protests, many of which would quickly escalate into violence. The UN would criticise NZ snuffing out indigenous voting rights and we would face global condemnation.
- The New Government would then attempt to find anyone within Maoridom who would willingly negotiate new Treaty ‘provisions’ with them. No one within Māoridom would willingly negotiate these and so the New Government, while dealing with increasingly violent weekly protests in the street, would announce that they are universally negotiating these new provisions on behalf of Māoridom. The news that not only has the New Government ended co-governance and abolished the Maori seats but are also now redefining the entire Treaty by themselves inspires all out violent protest and the New Government respond with increasing use of special terror laws and paramilitary Police to keep a lid on the escalating fury within Māoridom at the loss of their political rights.
- Increasingly global media attention is scathing towards the New Government.
- Donald Trump calls the New Government ‘wise’.
- While ending co-governance, abolishing Maori seats AND renegotiating the entire Treaty on their own, the New Government then announces that the Waitangi Tribunal is being ended. This causes an eruption of anger within Maoridom that manages to eclipse the current rage and entire regions are now in open revolt.
- Before the New Government are even in a position to remove consultation processes, Maori customary rights and any Māori funding, the country is plunged into a full blown race war which the New Government are not able to control.
- Vast chunks of the military refuse to open fire on a public demonstration after the New Conservative Government order them to.
David can be as much of a smug intellectual as he likes, but selling raw meat racism to angry white males with policy promises that would lead to a race war isn’t clever politics, it’s fucking dangerous and it’s fucking ugly.
I’m not sure why a political party who want to escalate racial divisions by taking political rights away from the indigenous population is being asked their views on who they would form a Government with, surely the question is who the hell would empower a hard right political party like ACT?
Increasingly having independent opinion in a mainstream media environment which mostly echo one another has become more important than ever, so if you value having an independent voice – please donate here.
If you can’t contribute but want to help, please always feel free to share our blogs on social media
Original Source: https://thedailyblog.co.nz/2022/03/12/david-seymour-likes-his-racism-old-school/